Patented Zotrim Ingredients
Zotrim contains the extracts of three South American plants that have been used safely and effectively for centuries to enhance wellbeing. Zotrim were the first to combine these plant extracts and to demonstrate - and prove - their powerful effect. As a result, this combination is patented protected, so you’ll only find it in Zotrim.
These three plants which are extracted by our special processes and are the active ingredients in Zotrim are:
Yerba Maté (Ilex paraguariensis) leaf extract
- Yerba Maté leaves are used in South America to make a refreshing tea which is thought to help alleviate fatigue, reduce hunger and boost metabolism. It contains some 200 known natural compounds including caffeine, theophylline and theobromine.
- Yerba Maté extracts have strong antioxidant properties similar to those found in Green Tea.
- Recent research shows that Yerba Maté extracts affected the expression of several genes involved in weight gain and prevented the development of fat cells (adipocytes).
Guarana (Paullinia cupana) seed extract
- Guarana is a popular caffeine-containing coffee-like drink which is popular in Brazil which has become increasingly used in energy drinks and tea in North America and Europe.
- The caffeine in Guarana causes metabolic rate to increase and fat cells to release fat into the bloodstream for fuel, through a process called lipolysis.
- Guarana extract has also been shown to boost memory , increase alertness and improve mood.
Damiana (Turnera aphrodisiaca) leaf extract
- Damiana is a shrub which grows throughout Central America and the Caribbean.
- It was used as an aphrodisiac by the ancient Maya tribes.
- It has a variety of uses in food and its extracts are also used as a food flavouring.
The other ingredients in Zotrim (dicalcium phosphate, talc, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, magnesium stearate and hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) are known as excipients and are used in the manufacture of the tablets and to assist dissolution in the stomach.